New Resident Information

I've Moved to Town - Now What?

City Utilities
Residential utility bills are sent out every month and include water, sewer, garbage and recycling fees. All new residents must complete a utility application.  You can find the application here.  If you have questions about your bill please call (320)398-2725.  Your bill may be paid at City Hall or online.

Garbage and Recycling
The City of Kimball contracts all residential garbage and recycling services with West Central Sanitation.  All homes are supplied with one refuse and one recycling cart (additional carts available upon request).

Driver's License and License Plates
If you have moved to Minnesota from another state, you may operate a motor vehicle for a period of 60 days in Minnesota with a valid driver's license from your previous state of residence.  Information on obtaining a Minnesota driver's license and vehicle license plates can be obtained here.

Winter Parking
Parking regulations to allow for removal of snow are in effect each year from November 1 - April 30.  No parking is allowed on any street within the City of Kimball between the hours of 10:00pm and 6:00am.

Voter Registration
Please register to vote!  Additional information about elections can be found here.

Additional Things to Know!

Burning Regulations
Recreational burning permits are not required within the City limits, however open burning is prohibited.  Burning of leaves and yard waste is also prohibited.  For your convenience, City residents may dispose of leaves and yard waste at the City's compost site.  Additional information can be found here.

Hazardous Waste
Information on proper disposal of hazardous waste can be found here.

Rental Properties
The City of Kimball has an ordinance regulating rental properties, which is available here.  Please contact City Hall at (320)398-2725 to obtain an application.

City Sidewalks
In the interest of public safety, property owners are required to clear the snow and ice from sidewalks abutting their property within 48 hours after any snowfall.  If you do not, the City will do it for you and you will be stuck with the bill!